Privater Design Trawler 52 For Sale - 525k€ (Discount €100k)
Updated: Jul 14
The owner is a professional sailor who has participated in many races and regattas for many years. He is a Turkish citizen currently living in Switzerland. After selling his racing boat, he acquired a trawler, wanted to continue to exist on the sea. He examined various trawler brands that have stood out in the market.
After a long examination and evaluation phase, he was impressed by both the quality and the sea worthy of the Privater Trawler boats, and received an offer from the said manufacturer company in 2016. He asked the Privater shipyard for a solution proposal for a few alternative additional layouts for a 50 feet. As you appreciate; mass production manufacturers do not make any concessions on hull configuration and layout. They do not offer a set of custom made design solutions. They usually bring these demands to a level which are close to the end user's wishes and criterias with a set of option list. Due to the fact that; the option list is not comprehensive and the manufacturer has not been able to offer any solution for the layout of the boat, the owner has quited from the purchase and decided to manufacture the boat here in Turkey.
While the boat owner was looking for a suitable shipyard and supplier for manufacturing, their paths crossed again with Marlin Yachting with whom they had worked for many years. A suitable workshop and designer was found with the recommendation of Marlin Yachting and project studies were started based on the privater yachts. In this way, special solutions for the owner were produced on the boat during the projecting phase.
The hull of the boat; which was started to be manufactured by Proto LTD and Marlin Yachting in Gökova, Muğla's Ula district in 2017 was manufactured from 3 layers of rigid composite material. In other words; while the hull was being built, both surfaces of the first layer which was used on the first floor were sealed with polyester. After one side of the second layer was sealed, the other side of the layer was fixed/laminated on the first floor. Afterwards; one side of the third layer was sealed and the other side was fixed/laminated on the second floor. And finally; the hull thickness of 384mm has been achieved above the criteria of the CE certificate. The part of the boat under the water section is additionally covered with 5 layers of 500 gr polyester. The boat has a Category A CE (+Ocean) certificate.
All machinery, devices and systems on the boat were installed by Marlin Yachting and the boat was completed and launched at the end of August 2018. A few of the main details and the full inventory list of the boat which was specially designed for the the owner are shared below.
The boat which has high stability with its three-ton keel, offers more economical operating costs compared to gyroscope systems with high operating costs and risk of failure. As you know, Gyroscope-style systems require regular maintenance and operating costs. During the design phase, the issue of mounting the gyroscope system was consulted with CE certification authorities. This recommendation was not accepted by the CE certification authorities when they took into consideration "There are no defects affecting the stability of the hull and the existing keel is sufficient".
Thanks to its epoxy resin composite structure, there is absolutely no risk of osmosis. Her hydrostatic values / stability are superior when we take into consideration of other motor yachts in the same class. She is a sea worthy boat. There are two double en suite cabins with shower and toilet on board. As we told before; the cabin layout was designed in accordance with the owner's wishes and criteria. The personnel cabin with toilet and shower facilities was not forgotten at this design stage, too.
The boat offers 220VAC in the comfort of home with optimum operating cost. Thanks to the electronics, devices, satellite system, tank capacities and air conditioning systems in her inventory. She is an good opportunity for those who want to spend more time on the sea and remote islands.
The boat has a CE Category A (+ Ocean) quality certificate. A recreational craft given design category A is considered to be designed to operate in winds of less than Beaufort force 10 and the associated significant wave heights. Typically such conditions might be encountered on extended voyages, for example across oceans, but can also occur inshore when unsheltered from the wind and waves for several hundred nautical miles. Depending on atmospheric conditions, winds can gust to about 32 m/s.
Access to the boat is made from the stern by the help of hydraulic gangway. The hydraulic gangway also serves as a davit for the dingy, so that the dinghy can be easily deployed on the swimming platform. As you can appreciate, the mass-produced Privater boats are designed for the upper latitudes, so the exterior and cockpit areas are not spacious. Since our boat was specially designed, the exterior spaces were designed quite extensively and large by the owner. There is a table and social seating area in the cockpit where 8-10 people can easily entertained. Another issue that should not be overlooked is that; a large cockpit area that can allow guests to spend more time at the outdoors. This is a very important requirement for a boat whose cruising area especially in Mediterranean. Another upper deck section (Flybridge) can be reached thanks to the ladder in the cockpit. Electric winches are deployed just behind the cleats on the starboard/port stern to be used in rope maneuvers. During the construction phase, the deck is covered with flexy teak. They were renewed with 12mm Burmese teak in 2021, as they did not feel natural to the owner of the boat. Cabin&Deck walk throug video shared below.
The flybridge part of the boat is designed quite wide. There is a seating group for guests right next to the second wheelhouse and navigation panel. In this section, there is a grill, a refrigerator and a sink.
By the help of two sliding doors it’s very easy to enter to the saloon from cockpit area. When you enter the saloon, the U-shaped galley stands out right in front of you. There is a retracting television in a hidden platform that moves up and down on your port side. And there is a sitting group and coffee table on the starboard side. We can say that this section is quite airy and bright. There is access to the wheelhouse from the starboard side. When you enter to the wheelhouse, you can see a seating group right behind the helm console, a navigation panel/table and electronic devices. There are water tight sliding doors that provide access to the port and starboard deck walkways. On the port side of the wheelhouse, there is a ladder extends to the bow which you can go down to the level where the master and guest cabins are located. Again, on the port side of the bwheelhouse, there is a steep staircase to descend to the deck where the personnel cabins are located. These cabins are quite airy and bright, too.
There is a double master cabin with a toilet and shower at the bow of the boat. The guest cabin with a toilet and shower located just behind the bow cabin which extends towards the middle part of the boat. These sections are quite large and have adequate lighting and ventilation. In each cabin, there are televisions which are connected to the satellite system, 220 VAC outlets and air conditioners.
The boat is for sale from the first owner. Currently on the water. She is ready for sail and will be delivered on the sea. The boat has CE certificate, owner's manuals, photos and videos of the manufacture phase. The said documents and albums will be shared with those who want to learn more about the boat.
Antifouling paint was applied. Mojaor discount about €100k. The boat is ready for sail.
These type of boats ( trawler, CE certificate,similar age and length,) traded between 1Mk€ and 1.7M€ in the market. Since the owner of the boat has decided to quit from boating, the price of the boat has been kept reasonable. Unfortunately, alternative offers submitted without seeing the boat will not be considered. The boat is perfect opportunity before the summer season. Appointments required to see the boat. Boat demonstrations will be possible except on Sundays. The inventory information and technical specifications of the boat are shared below.
Inventory and technical details:
• BRAND : MARLIN YACHTING & PROTO YACHT LTD
• TYPE : TRAWLER 52’ CLASS A (OCEAN)
• DESIGNER : HALUK KÖSE
• L.O.A : Feet: 52’ Meter: 15,85 mtr.
• BEAM : Feet: 16,24’ Meter: 4,95 mtr
• DRAFT : Feet: 5,25’ Meter: 1,60 mtr
• RANGE@CRUISING SPEED : 9-10 knot / Approx. 750 miles
• RANGE@MAXIMUM SPEED : 13-14 knot / Approx. 350 miles
• MAIN ENGINE : CUMMINS QSB 6,7 305Hp.
• MAIN ENGINE HOURS: 438
• GEARBOX : ZF280-1 (3:1)
• SPARE ENGINE : EVINRUDE 75 HP
• RANGE@CRUISING SPEED : 7 knot / Approx. 50 miles
SPARE ENGINE WORKING HOURS: 45
• JENERATOR : WHISPER POWER QUITE M-SQ12 12kW
• JENERATOR WORKING HOURS: 1276
• OUTBOARD : TOHATSU EFI 4T– 30Hp.
• DINGHY : JOKER 3.5mtr
• HYDRAULIC GANGWAY : OPACMARE TRANSOM 6996/25
• GANGWAY LENGTH : 2.5 mtr
• GANGWAY LOAD CAPACITY : 300 KG
• BOW THRUSTER : SIDE POWER SE170 8 Kw / 11 Hp. 24V
• ENGINE SHAFT DIAMETER : 50 mm.
• LINE CUTTER : STRIPPER
• PROPELLER : BRONZE FIX
• STEERING SYSTEM : 2XHYDORLIC VETUS STEERING SYSTEM (FLYBRIDGE & WHEELHOUSE)
• STEERING SYSTEM TYPE : HYDRAULIC
• SHORE POWER : 230 Volt – 32 Amp
• SERVICE BATTERIES : 5X210 AH MARINE MAINTENANCE FREE BATTERY, GEL (TOT. 1.050 AH)
• MAIN ENGINES BATTERY : 1X100 AH MARINE BATTERY, AGM
• GENERATOR BATTERY : 1X 50 AH MARINE BATTERY, AGM
• BOW THRUSTER BATTERY : 4X50 AH MARINE BATTERY, AGM
• BOW THRUSTER BATTERY CHARGER : 100A @ 24V
• SOLAR PANEL: 4X320W HALF-CUT RIGID PANEL, PANASONIC 45AH / DAY (TOT. 1280W)
• SOLAR PANEL TYPE : MONOCHRYSTAL
• INVERTER : 1X3000W VICTRON QUATTRO 230V / 220 OUTLETS & FRIDGE
• BATTERY CHARGER : 2XSTERLING POWER 12-24V / SERVICE-THRUSTER
• BATTERY CHARGER : 1X120A @ 12V QUATTRO VICTRON 230V-12V / SERVICE
• BATTERY CHARGER : 1X60A @ 12V PHOENIX VICTRON 230V-12V / SERVICE-THRUSTER-ENG.
• BATTERY CHARGER : 1X10A @ 12V SMART CHARGER, VICTRON 230V-12V / GENERATOR
• BATTERY CHARGER : 1XDC ALT. STERLING POWER 12V-12V / SERVICE-ENGINE-THRUSTER
• WATERMAKER : 1X160LTR/H MODULAR FILMTEC MEMBRANE / LAZARETTE
• WINDLASS : 1X12V/1700W HORIZONTAL FALKON, LOFRANS / FOREDECK
• CHAIN: 120mtr. A4 GERMAN GRADE 10MM/DIN766 INOX, ARINOX / FOREDECK
• ANCHOR: 1X60Kg. GALVANISED ANCHOR, MANTUS /FOREDECK
• SPARE ANCHOR: 1X30Kg. GALVANISED ANCHOR, MANTUS / LAZARETTE
• WINCHES: 2X QUICK 12V/800W VERTICAL CAPSTAIN / PORT-STB AFTDECK
• SEARCH LIGHT: 1X12V WIRELESS CONROLLED / FLYBRIDGE
• AIR CONDITIONER : 1X66.00BTU WEBASTO COLD&HOT / WHOLE CABINS- SALON-KAPTAN KÖŞKÜ
• TELEVISION: 1X50” 4K-UHD LED TV, SAMSUNG (RETRACTING) / SALOON
• TELEVISION: 2X 24” LED TV, SAMSUNG / MASTER & GUEST CABIN
• PLAYER: 3X3D BLUERAY PLAYER, SAMSUNG / SALOON-MASTER & GUEST CABIN
• MUSIC SYSTEM : 2XSONY MARINE BLUETOOTH, USB,CD,SD / AFTDECK-FLYBRIDGE
• SPEAKERS: 8X16” SONY MARINE SPEAKER / AFTDECK-FLYBRIDGE-MASTER CABIN
• REFRIGERATOR : 1XSAMSUNG INOX SERIES A++ 437 LTR/220V FRIDGE / GALLEY
• COOKER : 1XSIEMENS ENDUCTION INOX, 220V / GALLEY
• COOKER HOOD : 1XSAMSUNG INOX SERIES A+++ 220V / GALLEY A
• WASHER&DRYER MACHINE : 1XSAMSUNG A+++ 220V / LAZARETTE
• DISH WASHER : 1XSAMSUNG INOX SERIES 220V INOX SERIES /GALLEY
• OWEN W/MICROWAVE : 1XSIEMENS INOX SERIES 220V / GALLEY
• BOILER : 1X QUICK WATER HEATER 80LTR, 220V / LAZARETTE
• CHARTPLOTTER : 3XRAYMARINE ES97 HYBRIDTOUCH MULTI-FUNCTION DISPLAY W/BUILT IN FISHFINDER & WI-FI (DISPLAY), WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
• RADAR: 1X RAYMARINE QUANTUM Q24C 18” / FLYBRIDGE
• AUTOPILOT : 1XRAYMARINE EVOLUTION W/705 CONTROL HEAT ACU-400 EC1 SENSOR CORE / WHEELHOUSE
• AUTOPILOT CONTROL HEAD : 2X RAYMARINE P70S / WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
• DISPLAYS : 4XRAYMARINE I70S MULTIFUNCTION COLOR DISPLAY/ WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
• AIS : 1XRAYMARINE 650 CLASS B TRANSCEIVER / WHEELHOUSE
• VHF : 1X RAYMARINE RAY260 W/ACTIVE SPEAKER / WHEELHOUSE
• RAYMIC : 1XRAYMARINE RAYMIC FOR RAY260 VHF / FLYBRIDGE
• TRANSDUCER : 1XRAYMARINE SHORT ARM VANE / WHEELHOUSE
• TRANSDUCER :1XRAYMARINE FISHFINDER, DEPT & SPEED / ENGINEROOM
• ELECTRONIC MAP : 2XRAYMARINE 43XG NAVIONICS / WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
• ENGINE CONTROL PANEL : 2XCUMMINS DIGITAL PANEL / WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
• THROTTLE : 2X GLENDINNING, ELECTRONICAL THROTTLE / WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
MONITORING SYSTEM : 2XCUMMINS ENGINE SYSTEM / WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
• INSTRUMENT PANEL : 1XEVINRUDE EMERGENCY ENGINE PANEL / WHEELHOUSE
SPARE ENGINE THROTTLE : 1XEVINRUDE W/TRIM / WHEELHOUSE
• CONTROL PANEL : 2XWHISPER POWER DIGITAL GEN. PANEL / ENGINEROOM-WHEELHOUSE
BOW THRUSTER JOYSTICK PANEL : 2xSIDE POWER / WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
WINDLASS CONTROL PANEL : 1X QUICK W/CHAIN COUNTER / WHEELHOUSE
• CONTROL PANEL : 1XQUICK WINDLASS (UP-DOWN) / FLYBRIDGE
• WINDLASS REMOTE CONTROL : 1X QUICK W/LED LIGHT / FOREDECK
• MONITORS : 1XWEMA BLACK-GREY-FRESH WATER & FUEL TANK MONITORING / WHEELHOUSE
• AC-DC INSTRUMENT PANEL 2xCARLING PANEL / WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
• BATTERY MONITORING SYSTEM : 1XVICTRON W/BLUETOOTH / WHEELHOUSE
• DIGITAL MULTI CONTROL SYSTEM :1XVICTRON QUANTUM / WHEELHOUSE
• STEERING POSITION MONITORING SYSTEM : 2X VETUS / WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
• BILGE ALARM SYSTEM & CONTROLLER : 1xCARLING / WHEELHOUSE
• GAS DETECTOR & ALARM SYSTEM : 1X BEP MARINE / WHEELHOUSE
• FIRE ALARM SYSTEM : 2XFIRE BOY & YILDIZ YANGIN / ENG. ROOM-WHEELHOUSE
• CAMERA SYSTEM & VIDEO RECORDER : 4XUNIFAME / ENG. ROOM-AFTDECK-SALOON
• 32A SHORE POWER PLUG-SOCKET KIT : 1XMARINCO / LAZARETTE
• GALVANIC ISOLATOR & GROUNDING SYS : 1XSTERLING POWER / ENGINEROOM SURFACE UNDERWATER LIGHTING : 2XMOUNT BRONZE LED / LAZARETTE
• LED INTERIOR LIGHTING SYSTEM : W/DIMER CONTROLLERS / WHOLE BOAT
• 12V RWS TYPE WIPER : 3XVETUS PANTHOGRAPH / WHEELHOUSE
• STEERING WHEEL : 2xVETUS K38 WHEEL / WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
• CAPTAIN SEAT W/GAS PISTON ARM: 2XVETUS SEATS / WHEELHOUSE-FLYBRIDGE
• FRESH WATER PUMP SYSTEM : 1X ITT-JABSCO / GALLEY-SINK-DECK
• BILGE PUMP SYSTEM : 1XJABSCO-WHALE / UNDER ENGINE ROOM
• TWIST&LOCK MANUAL WC : 1xJABSCO FOR CREW CABIN
• 12V. HORIZONTAL ELECTRICAL WC : 1XJABSCO FOR GUEST CABIN
• 12V. WALL MOUNTED ELECTRICAL WC : 1XVETUS FOR MASTERCABIN
• COLD-HOT WATER PIPING SYSTEM : 1XWHALE /GALLEY-SINK-DECK
• BRONZE SEA COCK, BALL VALVES & FITTINGS, GROCO / 1 UNDERWATER-HULL
• ALUMINIUM PORTLIGHT : 6XCRAFTSMAN 300X250mm / BATHROOMS-CABINS
• ALUMINIUM HATCH : 1XCRAFTSMAN 500x500mm. MASTERCABIN DECK
• DIESEL TANKS : 2XPOLYETHYLENE (Thickness: 10mm.) TOTAL 2000 Liters
• GASOLINE TANK : 1XPOLYETHYLENE (Thickness: 10mm.) TOTAL 160 Liters
• FRESH WATER TANKS 2XPOLYETHYLENE (Thickness: 10mm.) TOTAL 1000 Liters
• GREY WATER TANK : 1XPOLYETHYLENE (Thickness: 10mm.) TOTAL 600 Liters
• BLACK WATER TANK : 1XPOLYETHYLENE (Thickness: 10mm.) TOTAL 300 Liters
• MASTER CABIN: DOUBLE BED-BATHROOM-SINK-WC
• GUEST CABIN: DOUBLE BED-BATHROOM-SINK-WC
• CREW CABIN: DOUBLE DECKER (BUNK BED)-BATHROOM-SINK-WC
• SALOON & GALLEY & WHEELHOUSE
• SUN SHADES
• SUN BEDS
• LIFE RAFT